The Book of an Old Man
| The Book of an Old Man
|You found the book the Old Man you traded with dropped. He mentions Sapphire Ridge. Go find him and return this book!|
|Location||Sapphire Ridge - Cave Inn 2F|
|Rewards|| 200 (at same lvl)
The Book of an Old Man is a level 60 quest given by the Old Man at Sapphire Ridge - Cave Inn 1F. Completing the Old Man's trade for the LV51Galaxy Spiral Drill is a prerequisite of this quest. After the trade the Old Man will leave and drop a book on the ground. Picking up this book will initiate the quest.
Prerequisites[edit | edit source]
Gathering the materials for the Galaxy Spiral Drill requires many materials and a series of trades, which are shown below. The five trades alone cost 133,334 credits in total.
Tasks[edit | edit source]
- Find the Old Man somewhere in Sapphire Ridge
- Sapphire Ridge - Cave Inn 1F
- Find the Stones of Origin hidden in the cities of CrossWorlds
- The Sprout of Truth is in Rookie Harbor - Dusty Storage. You must jump onto the boxes north of the fountain in the middle of Alley Quarters to access the upper level and go to the right to reach it and get the Stone of Truth.
- The Sprout of Valor is on top of a roof in southern Bergen Village. You must travel south on the rooftops from the northern village to reach it and get the Stone of Valor.
- To reach the Sprout of Space, start from the Ba'kii Kum Bazaar House 2nd floor, from here it is possible to jump onto the roofs to the right, use the pillar to reach the roof of the Arid Breeze HQ. Walk north into the next zone to find it and get the Stone of Space.
- The Sprout of Spirit is in the top of a building in the upper right corner of Basin Keep - Pond Slums. You need the Pond Slums Pass and have to destroy some trash bags to reach it and get the Stone of Spirit.
- The Sprout of Ages is in Rhombus Square - South Arch. Enter Lloyd Passage from the bottom of South Arch and walk all the way to the right and get to the 2nd floor. Wait for a truck to pass below and jump on top of it, jump on the platform to the north. Follow the platforms west and reenter South Arch jump north and walk into the southeast corner to reveal the Sprout and get the Stone of Ages. From this position you can also destroy the blocks to make the Very Large Ember accessible.
- Return to the Old Man in Sapphire Ridge - Cave Inn 1F
- Find the Old Smith in a cave on Bergen Trail
- Head to Bergen Trail - Abandoned Cave and read the (recently left) diary entry that points toward Rhombus Square.
- Find the Old Smith in the residential district of Rhombus Square
- Search for the Very Large Ember located somewhere in Rhombus Square
- After breaking the blocks from the location of the Sprout of Ages described above, simply walk along the northern walkways of Rhombus Square - South Arch from the elevated transporter platform to the chest.
- Return to the Old Smith in Rhombus Square
- The Old Smith will give you the Infinity Gem.
- Bring the Gem to the Old Man in Sapphire Ridge - Cave Inn 1F