Trial of Aspiration is a level 17 quest given by Wise Nemuh at Bergen Village - Ascension Spirits HQ.
This quest is a prerequisite of Challenge of Aspiration and Trial of Progression.
- Speak to Monk Hasouk to gain access to the Cave of Aspiration
- Enter the Cave
- Proceed through the three agility challenges
- Challenge 1 consists of jumping around on several small platforms to press a button on each, and then waiting for a timer to lower the gate onward. Two invincible turrets shoot at you, and will enrage and start shooting faster once half the buttons are pressed.
- Challenge 2 is more platforms within a maze of orange walls. Pressing buttons will lower the walls, but also activate turrets outside the maze. Once all buttons are pressed, the turrets will begin to move, and four switches outside the maze will be accessible one at a time. Hit all switches and wait for the gate to lower to complete this section.
- Challenge 3 places you on a group of four slowly-moving platforms, defending against four turrets ahead of you. Three times, you must hit a switch in order to proceed. At the end of the section is a platform promising "stability". Jump on it, and you will be surrounded by turrets. Shield their attacks long enough to hit two switches, and you will get access to the end.
- Collect the Aspiration Proof from the chest.
- Return to the Monastery, and speak to Monk Hasouk.
- Return to Wise Nemuh.